Well first of all we finished off our modal verbs and then looked at the First Conditional. here's the grammar!
If clauses and present tense 1st conditional
If + present tense , future
Future if + present tense
If it rains, we’ll stay at home.
If I don’t pass the exam, I’ll be very unhappy.
I’ll be very unhappy if I don’t pass the exam
We’ll stay at home if it rains.
He won’t come to the party if he doesn’t feel well!
also when/before/after/until/as soon as
in phrases referring to the future use the Present Simple
When I arrive, I’ll phone you.
Before she leaves, she’ll lock all the doors.
I’ll call you as soon as/after I get to the hotel.
I won’t call you until I get to the hotel.
Then we started to look at the Passive! it's easier than it looks!
here's the grammar!
PASSIVE is /are/was /were
This PC was/ is made in China!
Shakespeare wrote Hamlet. (active sentence)
Hamlet was written by Shakespeare. (passive sentence)
The passive is formed from be + past participle. (ONLY BE CHANGES!)
I was born in London. Where and when were you born? I wasn’t born in Ca.
MADE in Italy. Fiat cars ARE MADE in Italy. My watch is made in China! Is this wine made in Sardinia?
Often we don’t include the agent of the action, because we do not know the agent; the agent is not important; the agent is obvious.
They clean the offices every day.
The offices are cleaned every day.
FIATS ARE MADE IN ITALY.
USEFUL EXPRESSIONS
……………. WAS WRITTEN BY………..; WAS PAINTED BY; WAS DIRECTED BY; WAS MADE IN (YEAR, COUNTRY); was sung by
Next week we willbe looking at the following particular kind of questions?
Questions (Subject questions!)
Who painted the Mona Lisa? Leonardo painted the Mona Lisa.
WHAT DID L.PAINT?
Who wrote Harry Potter?
NB Who saw Luca? ( John saw Luca)
Who did Luca see? ( Luca saw Mike)
Sorry but no answers this week as I need to get a copy from the office! So remind me to do it on Tuesday! I'm in the middle of scannerising the answers to the revision . I'll put it in another blog!
Enjoy your weekend!
Next week is ALMOST THE END!!!
SallyD
Nessun commento:
Posta un commento