THINGS YOU CAN DO!
Simple Present tense:
Talk about yourself and your family.
(Name, age, job, where you live, your parents etc.)
Likes and dislikes.
Describe your house, home town. (There is/there are)(Lots of, much, many)
Talk about the things you do every day. (usually, often, etc,)
Describe your favourite things (film, books, etc.)
Compare two things using comparatives.
Talk about a plane journey.
Simple Past Tense
Say what you did yesterday, at the weekend.
Say what you used to do when you were a child.
Talk about your school.
Describe a wedding you went to.
Talk about a hotel you stayed in.
Talk about visiting your country.
Future
(1) Going to/present continuous: talk about your plans for the immediate future, (after the lesson, next weekend);
Plans for next holidays; Plans for after your degree.
(2) will (may, might) : to make predictions, say what you think might happen in the future
(3) Will : to talk about a future decided at the moment of speaking (I’ll answer it! I’ll carry it!)
Present Continuous
(1) Say what you are doing at the moment (I’m listening to the radio!)
(2) + Future Adverb (future arrangements: I’m playing tennis at 3 tomorrow)
Past Continuous
(1) Say what you were doing at a certain time in the past. (I was watching TV at 6pm yesterday.)
(2) Describe an action that was happening which was interrupted.
(I was making dinner when the phone rang.)
MODALS
CAN/ COULD
(1) Say what you can or know how to do. (Present and past)
(I can swim; I could ride a bike when I was 5)
(2) Make requests.
Can I have some information, please?
Could I have some information, please?
WILL
(1) USED FOR THE FUTURE
(2) To make an offer (I’ll carry it for you!)
WOULD
(1) Invite someone to do something.
(Would you like something to drink? Would you like to go to the cinema?
(2) To make a request (I’d like a bottle of water, please!)
SHALL
(1) To make a suggestion
(Shall we go to the cinema?)
Other things
How and what questions
Numbers
Used to
Some/any/no/ lots of/ a lot of/ much / many/ a few/ a little/ too much/ too many / enough
Prepositions ( behind/ between/ near/ far/not far from/ next to/opposite/ in front of/ at the corner of/ on/ in/ at
Frequency adverbs
Expressions like “It depends; I haven’t decided yet; Great idea; I’d love to but…….; I’m afraid that…….; I’m sorry but…..; of course; sure; certainly; see you later, see you soon.
Verb patterns (I hope to; I can go; I’m looking forward to going to Paris)
Comparatives/ Superlatives
SallyD
Iscriviti a:
Commenti sul post (Atom)
Nessun commento:
Posta un commento