giovedì 10 dicembre 2009

last lessons

Hello !
here's the grammar from this week's lessons!


POSITIVE



Obligation
(MUST/ HAVE TO) You must/have to eat 5 pieces of fruit a day.
Rules (have to) In GB you have to drive on the left.
Possibility/

permission Can You can smoke here!


NEGATIVE

PROHIBITION MUSTN’T You mustn’t drink that water.
Can’t You can’t smoke in here!

NOT NECESSARY
DON’T HAVE TO(DIDN’T HAVE TO) John doesn’t have to get up tomorrow. It’s a holiday!

Past

COULD COULDN’T
HAD TO



WHO/THAT/WHICH are relative pronouns.

I know a man. He can speak Japanese.
I know a man WHO can speak Japanese.
WHO is used for people NOT things
(I know a man THAT can speak Japanese)
. (WHO is more frequent)


I have a watch. It is very old.
I have a watch WHICH is very old.
I have a watch THAT is very old.


THAT is used for people and things.



ANSWERS TO TESTS

BULGARIA

A B
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6. A A
7. A A
8. B B
9. A A
10. A A
11. C C
12. C C
13. B B
14. B B
15. B B
16. A B
17. C B
18. B B
19. B C
20. B C
21. A B
22. C C
23. B B
24. D D
25. B A
26. A A
27. D B
28. A C
29. B A
30. C C
31. B B
32. A D
33. C C
34. C C
35. B B
36. B A
37. B B
38. B A
39. A A
40. B B
41. A C
42. D D
43. A D
44. D D
45. D D
46. C C
47. B A
48. A A
49. C C
50. B B
51. D D
52. C C
53. B B
54. D B
55. C C
56. B D
57. A A
58. A A
59. A A
60. A B

The rest will follow!
SAllyD

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento