Hello there,
Here's the grammar on the passive and infinitive. (Should) will be posted next week!
We're nearly there!
PASSIVE
Shakespeare wrote Hamlet. (active sentence)
Agent V
Hamlet was written by Shakespeare. (passive sentence)
The passive is formed from be + past participle. (ONLY BE CHANGES!)
I was born in London. Where and when were you born? I wasn’t born in Ca.
MADE in Italy. Fiat cars ARE MADE in Italy. My watch is made in China! Is this wine made in Sardinia?
She has been to France! (Present Perfect!!!) have + past participle
This car will be made by robots in the future! (Future passive!!)
Often we don’t include the agent of the action, because we do not know the agent; the agent is not important; the agent is obvious.
They clean the offices every day.
The offices are cleaned every day.
FIATS ARE MADE IN ITALY.
USEFUL EXPRESSIONS
……………. WAS WRITTEN BY………..; WAS PAINTED BY; WAS DIRECTED BY; WAS MADE IN (YEAR, COUNTRY); was sung by
Questions (Subject questions!)
Who painted the Mona Lisa? Leonardo painted the Mona Lisa. (Remember !!!! WHAT DID Leonardo PAINT?
Who wrote Harry Potter?
NB Who saw Luca? ( John saw Luca)
Who did Luca see? ( Luca saw Mike)
INFINITIVE OF PURPOSE
We use “to + infinitive” to say why we do things.
Why did you go to the butcher’s?”
“I went to the butcher’s to buy some meat!”
They’re going to London to see the Queen!
Remember the song!!!
I JOINED THE NAVY TO SEE THE WORLD!
AND WHAT DID I SEE, I SAW THE SEA!!!!!
We aslo looked at prepostions of time ( in , on, at)
Next week, no lesson on Tuesday(!) but lessons as usual on Wednesday and Thursday.
Then we have an extra lesson at 2 pm on Tuesday December 15th. (Room 6a). Then we say goodbye and Merry Christmas!!!
In January, there'll be another extra lesson on Tuesday January 12th ( at 2pm in Room 6a)
Bye for now
SAllyD
Iscriviti a:
Commenti sul post (Atom)
Message for Miss Davies....Ah, ah, ah!!!
RispondiEliminaI don't understand nothing about the answers of the tests, sorry! I receveid a copy of the test 1-A but I can't right because I don't make to match between the answers of the test and those of the blog.
Can you help me?
Simona
Sorry for my English....fa pena!!!
RispondiElimina