Friendship
I want to tell you about Bill. He works for a large computer company. The other person in the photo is Fred, He’s one of Bill’s OLDEST FRIENDS. They first became GOOD FRIEND, when Bill bought a used car from Fred, They GOT ON WELL immediately because they came from SIMILAR BACKGROUNDS, they had A LOT IN COMMON and they both loved working with computers. Nowadays they never SEE EACH OTHER but they KEEP IN TOUCH by email. The car, by the way, is still working!
Talking about your teacher!
You are going to talk about a teacher at school that you really liked. Use these questions to help you!
1. What was the teacher’s name?
2. What did he/she teach? (NB TEACH TAUGHT TAUGHT)
3. Where did he/she teach?
4. How often did you have lessons with him /her?
(NB HAVE HAD HAD ) (Every day, once (1) a week, twice /twaɪs/ a week, three times a week etc.)
5. What did he/she look like?
(Appearance : He was short/tall; he was fat/slim; he had dark/blonde/white/grey hair; he wore (WEAR WORE WORN)glasses.
6. Why did you like him/her?
(Because he was nice, funny, kind, a good teacher, etc.......)
HE TAUGHT AT SECONDARY SCHOOL/ MY GRAMMAR SCHOOL/ AT THE MIDDLE SCHOOL
Negative forms
PRESENT SIMPLE
SUBJECT AUX + NOT VERB (BASE FORM)
I AM NOT (‘m not) Italian.
They ARE NOT(aren’t) French.
She IS NOT (isn’t) a student
I DO NOT (don’t) like English food.
He DOES NOT (doesn’t) know John.
We DO NOT (don’t ) have a dog.
PAST SIMPLE
SUBJECT AUX + NOT VERB (BASE FORM)
I WAS NOT (wasn‘t) Italian.
They WERE NOT (weren’t) French.
She WAS NOT (wasn’t) a student.
I DID NOT (didn’t) like English food.
He DID NOT (didn’t) know John.
We DID NOT (didn’t) have a dog.
Songs
Carole King "You've got a friend"
Listen to the first part of the song and fill the blanks with the words you hear.
brighten up, call, darkest, down, fall, helping, right, troubled, wherever
When you're __________ and _________and you need a _________ hand and nothing, oh nothing is going ________,close your eyes and think of meand soon I will be thereto _________even your ________night.
You just call out my nameand you know ___________I amI´ll come running, oh yeah baby, to see you again.Winter, spring, summer or _________-,all you got to do is __________and I'll be there yeah yeah yeahyou've got a friend.
2. Before listening to the second part try to match the following halves because of the meaning. Then, listen to it and check your answers:
a. If the sky 1.out loud now
b. should turn dark 2.above you
c. and that old north wind 3.should begin to blow
d. keep your head 4.together
e. and call my name 5. upon your door
f. soon I'll be knocking 6.and full of clouds
g. You just call 7.out my name
h. and you know 8. ...wherever I am
i. I´ll come running, 9. oh yes I will, to see you again
..
Ain´t it good to knowthat you´ve got a friend,
people can be so coldthey'll hurt you and desert you,
well they'll take your soul if you let them,
oh yeah don't you let them.
VOCABULARY
SEASONS
WINTER SPRING SUMMER FALL (AUTUMN)
PUT THE WORDS IN THE CORRECT COLUMN
Right; down; old ; clouds; night; cold; loud; head; soul ; brighten; sky; know; friend
/əʊ/ go /a/ /e/ /aʊ/
Silent letters
Knocking know
AIN’T = ISN’T
BANG BNAG (NANCY SINATRA - theme from KILL BILL!)
THE MISSING VERBS
be, call, change, come, grow, hit, play, ride, ring, say, shoot, sing, take, vow, wear
Irregular Verb List
Bang bang you ……….. (shoot) me down
Bang bang I ……….. (hit) the ground
Bang bang that awful sound
Bang bang my baby ……….. (shoot) me down
<>()<>
I ………..(be) five and you ……….. (be) six
We ……….. (ride) on horses made of sticks
I ……….. (wear) black you ……….. (wear) white
You would always win the fight
<>()<>
[Repeat chorus]
<>()<>
Seasons ……….. (come) and ………..(change) the time
I ……….. (grow) up I ……….. (call) you mine
You would always laugh and say
Remember when we used to play
<>()<>
[Repeat chorus]
<>()<>
Music ……….. (play) and people ……….. (sing)
Just for me the church bells ……….. (ring)
After echoes from a gun
We both ……….. (vow) that we'd be one
<>()<>
Now you're gone I don't know whySometimes I cryYou ……….. (not say) good byeYou ………..(not take) the time to lie<>()<>
[Repeat chorus]
See you tomorrow
SallyD
Iscriviti a:
Commenti sul post (Atom)
My teacher's name was Maura, she taught English at my grammar school. I had lessons with her three times a week. She was short and slim, she had short brown hair. She wore green glasses and she always wore beautifol shoes.
RispondiEliminaI liked her because she was funny, nice and she was a good teacher!
Hello Prof!
RispondiEliminaI have a doubt "amletico"!!
Present simple or simple past in the answer to the question "WHERE DID YOU SEE THAT MOVIE?"
"I SEE the movie today or I SAW the movie today???
I don't know, thanks Prof!
Simona