Hello out there!
Present and past progressive!
Present continuous (Progressive)
Actions that are happening at this moment! or around this time!
Wh-word Aux.(be) Subject -ing form
What is John doing at the moment?
Are they studying in the other room?
Affirmative
Sub Aux. (be) gerund
He is watching TV.
They are studying in the other room.
NEGATIVE FORM
Aux. (be + not)
He isn’t listening to the teacher.
It isn’t raining.
Past continuous (progressive)
Actions in progress at a particular time in the past.
Wh-word Aux.(be) Subject -ing form
What was John doing at 6 o’clock?
Were they studying in the other room?
Sub Aux. (be) gerund
He was watching TV.
They were working in the other room.
NEGATIVE FORM
Aux. (be + not)
He wasn’t listening to the teacher.
It wasn’t raining.
Past simple for an action that interrupts the action in the past continuous!
---------------------------The sun was shining ------------------------------------------
The birds were singing
A dog was barking
(past) I woke up (now)
When I woke up, the sun was shining, the birds were singing, a dog was barking……….!
---------------------------I was having a shower-----------------------------------------
John was watching TV
They were having breakfast
(past) the phone rang (now)
the postman arrived
I was having a shower, when the phone rang. = While I was having a shower, the phone rang
John was watching TV, when the postman arrived.= While John was watching TV, the postman arrived
Write and tell me!
What are you doing at the moment (apart from reading this!)
What were you doing yesterday at....?
Do you live in a house or a flat? What's it like?
WORDS TO THE SONG "SAILING" BY ROD STEWART!
I am sailing, I .................., home again 'cross the sea. I .............., stormy waters, to be near you, to be free. I .am flying, I ..............., like a bird 'cross the sky. I .............., passing high clouds, to be with you, to be free. Can you hear me, can you hear me thro' the dark night, far away, I am dying, forever crying, to be with you, who can say. Can you hear me, can you hear me, thro' the dark night far away. I .............., forever .............,
to be with you, who can say. We ..............., we ................., home again 'cross the sea. We ............... stormy waters, to be near you, to be free. Oh Lord, to be near you, to be free. Oh Lord, to be near you, to be free, Oh Lord.
ARTICLES AND QUANTIFIERS
BOOK( COUNTABLE SING) BOOKS ( C. plural) WATER (U)
a X X (a bottle ofwater)*
the The The
X Some /any (neg.) Some /any (neg.)
X many much
X A lot of/ lots of A lot of /lots of
X A few A little
Try and describe a room in your house(Speaking) Go on!!!!
Have a nice weekend!!!
Think English!!!!!!!
SAllyD
Iscriviti a:
Commenti sul post (Atom)
Nessun commento:
Posta un commento