What a horrible day!! Almost like being in Wales!!!!!
Well last week we started to look at the Present Perfect and here's the grammar!
PRESENT PERFECT SIMPLE (1. For experience)
S AUX (HAVE) PAST PARTICIPLE
I ‘ve (have) had many different jobs in my life!
NEGATIVE
S AUX (HAVE)+ not PAST PARTICIPLE
I haven’t been to the United States but I have been to Canada.
QUESTION
AUX (HAVE) S PAST PARTICIPLE ?
Have you ever been to New York? Have you ever eaten sushi?
Short answers
Yes, I have / No, I haven’t. No, never! (I’ve never been to France!)
We are talking about the experience NOT when it happened. CFR
I’ve met Madonna! with I met her two years ago.
PRESENT PERFECT SIMPLE
ALREADY (già) (affirmative sentences usually)
Jim has already gone to bed. They have already arrived!
YET (negatives and questions) NB its position.
I haven’t finished yet! ( non ancora) I’ve already finished!
Have you been to see the new film yet?
PRESENT PERFECT SIMPLE ( For since)
The present perfect expresses unfinished states that began in the past and continue into the present.
How long have you been a teacher? I’VE BEEN A TEACHER SINCE 1980./ FOR 29 YEARS.
HOW LONG HAVE YOU LIVED IN ca? I’VE LIVED IN CA SINCE 1982/FOR 27 Years.
For twenty years = period of time
Since 1989 = a point in time
How long have you been a teacher?
FOR ( with Present Perfect!)
10 years
A week
a month
2 days
a long time
For ever/ for ages
How long have you lived in London?
SINCE (always Present Perfect)
Tuesday
10 o’clock
January 24
I arrived
I was a child Christmas
BUT NB
HOW LONG DID YOU LIVE IN VENICE? ( I NOW LIVE IN CA!)
I lived in Venice for two years.
NB. AGO
I arrived here 2 years ago.
When did John arrive in Paris?
He arrived here a week ago.
How long has John been in Paris?
He’s been here for a week/ since last Monday.
WE THEN TOOK A LOOK AT SHOULD (modal verb) usedc to give advice
SHOULD
To ask for and give advice
What should I do?
You should take an aspirin.
You shouldn’t eat too much chocolate.
NB the form “if I were you, I’d…..”
If I were you, I’d buy a new car.
And so to the test!! (fast food text!)
RESULTS FAST FOOD
A B
1 C B
2 B D
3 D C
4 D C
5 B C
6 B D
7 C A
8 A B
9 B A
10 D C
11 A C
12 B D
13 A B
14 C C
15 A D
16 A B
17 A D
18 C C
19 A B
20 A C
21 C D
22 D C
23 B A
24 A C
25 D C
26 B B
27 A B
28 B D
29 A C
30 B C
31 C B
32 C D
33 B D
34 B B
35 A B
36 B C
37 B A
38 C D
39 C A
40 A D
41 A B
42 D D
43 C A
44 D D
45 C B
46 C B
47 A B
48 C B
49 B A
50 C D
51 B A
52 A A
53 B A
54 A B
55 A B
56 B D
57 A A
58 B C
59 B A
60 D B
That's all folks! See you on Tuesday!
SAllyD
Nessun commento:
Posta un commento